Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Skillet

One day I couldn't think of sometime to cook for dinner. I had to call three people to get an idea. One didn't answer. One said they were too busy at work to help me out. And then my sister said "make a cheesy chicken skillet." She's made it for me before, but I couldn't remember how to make it at all. It turns out that it is just chicken chunks and veggies sautéed in olive oil with a little cheese sprinkled on the top. Here was my version.

Cheesy Chicken Skillet
2 T olive oil
Two chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 cups broccoli
3/4 c shredded cheese
1/2 c dry bulgur

Season chicken if desired. Prepare bulgur according to package. Heat oil in a skillet. Saute chicken and veggies in the skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with cheese and cook for another minute or two, or until cheese is melted. Serve chicken and veggies over bulgur.

No comments:

Post a Comment