Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tomato Soup

When there's snow on the ground, I crave soup and came up with this simple tomato soup. Since H doesn't like tomato soup, I only made two serving worth--one for today's lunch and one for tomorrow's lunch.

Tomato Soup

1 t olive oil
1 c chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1-2 T fresh chopped basil
1/4 c shredded white cheddar cheese
3/4 c milk
1-2 t chili garlic sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium sauce pan sauté onion in the oil for three minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add tomatoes and basil. Heat to boiling. Add cheese and cook until melted. Purée in a mixer or food processor. I like my soup to be a little chunky so I only puréed 2/3 of the mixture. Return to sauce pan. Add milk and cook until heated through. Stir in salt, pepper and chili garlic sauce to taste. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment