Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rosemary and Parmesan Brussels Sprouts

Many years ago my mom tried to bribe my siblings and me into eating Brussels sprouts simply cooked in the microwave. For each sprout we ate, she gave us a quarter. Only I couldn't even stand to eat one, which meant that I didn't even get a single quarter out of the deal. Fast forward 15 or so years, and my friend orders them at a Korean restaurant. I'm intrigued by how crispy and seasoned they look, so I give it a try. And fall in love. Who knew that the proper cooking method and a little seasoning could have such an effect on a tiny cabbage. Since then I've tried them at a number of restaurants (totally trending out here in Colorado) and finally got up the nerve to make them myself. Here's to my first attempt!




Rosemary and Parmesan Brussels Spouts 

1 to 1-1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts 
About 2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried rosemary 
Salt (or Herbamare) and pepper to taste
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp grated Parmesan 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and trim off brown edge of each Brussels sprout. Place all of them in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread sprouts on to a baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until middles are tender and outside is crispy. Sprinkle more salt on sprouts and add sunflower seeds. Roast for another 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese while still hot. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment