Sunday, December 6, 2009

Italian Sprinkle Cookies

This first recipe is for one of my coworkers, Vicky. Without her pushing, I wouldn't have this blog. :) Thanks, Vicky. I made these cookies for a cookie exchange my boss, Crystal, invited me to. Hopefully they're a hit at the exchange. My recipe says that it makes 7 dozen cookies, but I only got 5 1/2 dozen out of it.


Italian Sprinkle Cookies

  • 6 eggs
  • 5 c all-purpose flour
  • 2 c powdered sugar
  • 2 T + 1-1/2 t baking powder
  • 1 c vegetable oil
  • 1 T almond extract
  • 1-1/2 t lemon extract
Glaze
  • 1/2 c warm milk
  • 1 t almond extract
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 3-3/4 c powdered sugar
  • Sprinkles
To make:
Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir in oil and extracts. Gradually add in beaten eggs. Dough will be stiff (I advise against using wooden spoons). Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.


Cook in oven for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. While cookies are baking make glaze by combining milk and
extracts in a large bowl. Then whisk in sugar until smooth.


After baked, dip hot cookies in glaze. Transfer
to a cooling rack to drain. Immediately top with sprinkles (glaze sets quickly). Let dry for 24 hours before storing in airtight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment