Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sizzlin' Chicken Fajitas


Don't you think these sizzlin' fajitas look great on the cute plates Ryan got me for my birthday last year? Now if only he'd get me another set of the plates so I could serve more than 4 people at once...

Pictured to the right is my finished fajita (yum!). Ryan replaced the sour cream with salsa on his. I'm sure it was also good, but how can you have a fajita without sour cream?! Silly boy. ;)

As usual, here's the recipe:

Sizzlin' Chicken Fajitas
makes 4 medium fajitas
  • 4 whole wheat medium torillas
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 T Silva's taco spice
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1/2 medium white onion
  • Mexican style cheese
  • Sour cream and Salsa (if desired)
Prep work:
Prepare vegetables by slicing red pepper into strips and chopping onion. Set aside. Slice chicken breasts into thin strips about the same size as the red pepper. Season chicken with Silva's taco spice. Technically you can use any taco or fajita seasoning, but Silva's is my favorite. They also make great salsa. Here's a picture of the seasoning in case you've never heard of it before:


Time to cook:
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Carefully place chicken strips in skillet. Cook for a couple minutes. Add red pepper and onion. Cook until chicken is fully cooked and peppers and onions are tender (about 8 minutes). It should look similar to this:


Feel free to experiment with other vegetables. I'm sure corn, green peppers, and even squash would be good mixed in. I just used what was in my fridge. Anyway, after your skillet mixture is ready, get out a tortilla. Spoon on some of the skillet mixture. Add cheese, sour cream, and/or salsa if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment