Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hummus and Egg (and Bacon!) Roll Up

"It's breakfast for dinner, Paul. It's your favorite." Okay, it's actually breakfast for breakfast. Lately I've been eating a lot of oatmeal, bagels, and waffles for breakfast, but when I do I get hungry again at 9:30. That's a little too early for me to be ready for my morning snack so I decided to go for lots of protein today. I ended up with this Hummus and Egg (and Bacon!) Roll Up. It's pretty good, but this one could have used a little pepper so I added it to the ingredients below. 


Hummus and Egg (and Bacon!) Roll Up

1 tortilla
1 boiled (or scrambled egg) 
1 piece of bacon (halved, if desired)
1-2 Tbsp hummus
1 oz cheddar cheese 
Chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground pepper

Mmm protein! Spread hummus on the tortilla. Top with the egg, cheese, bacon, parsley, and pepper. Pop in a microwave and heat through (30-60 seconds depending if the egg started off warm or not). Roll up and enjoy some morning protein! 


No comments:

Post a Comment