Friday, April 16, 2010

Ultimate Grilled Quesadilla

Mexican food - mmmm!  One of my favorite genres.  I like to eat it at least once a week.  Hahah.  I generally succeed at that.  :)  Ryan and I made these grilled quesadillas the same night he made the Fire-Roasted Salsa.  To the right is a picture of how he arranged everything on our awesome charcoal grill!  I love cooking on charcoal grills.  I think they are easier to control than gas grills, but maybe I just don't have enough practice with gas.  The quesadillas were a bit messy.  We probably shouldn't have put the salsa inside of the tortilla, which is why I listed it as a topping below instead.  When we were grilling them, it kept dripping down into the coals.  Lesson learned.

Ultimate Grilled Quesadilla

  • Chicken
  • Silva's Taco Spice
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Onion
  • Red Pepper
  • Cheese
  • Flour Tortillas (try wheat ones)

Toppings:

Heat grill.  Season chicken with Silva's Taco Spice, salt, and pepper.  Cut red pepper and onion into quarters.  Stick a toothpick through each onion quarter to help hold in tack.  Grill chicken until no longer pink inside.  Grill onion and red pepper until tender.  Cut pepper into slices.  Sprinkle half of the tortilla with Silva's Taco Spice and cheese.  Top with chicken, onion, and peppers.  Place on grill; cook for a few minutes on both sides until crispy.  Serve with Fire-Roasted Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole, and Pickled or Fresh Jalapenos.  




No comments:

Post a Comment