Monday, August 9, 2010

Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers

As usual, I was craving burgers tonight.  Hadn't had one in over a week.  Ryan and I decided to go with turkey to be a bit healthier.  Then we thought adding some spice would be good...unfortunately the jalapeno we bought was really mild.  But the burgers were still yummy in my tummy!!  I forgot to take a picture of my burger all made up, so I'll try to get one of the leftover tomorrow.

Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers
Patties:
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
  • Spices--use best judgement:
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • smoked paprika
  • chili powder
  • sea salt
  • pepper
Other Ingredients:
  • 4 whole wheat buns
  • condiments (ketchup, BBQ, mustard, etc)
  • fixings (pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc)
To make the patties, combine all of the patty ingredients.  Divide meat mixture into four balls.  Press each ball into a patty.  Grill until cooked through.  Place on a bun and top with your favorite condiments and burger fixings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment