Friday, August 27, 2010

Oatmeal Waffles

This morning, I made waffles for breakfast.  I cheated and used pancake/waffle mix, but I didn't quite have enough batter for both Ryan and me to eat.  I ended up grinding some oats to a fine powder using the coffee grinder.  I added the powder to the batter along with a little more milk and oil to give the batter the correct consistency.  I topped my waffles with peanut butter, a little syrup, and strawberries!  This gave the waffles a savory, sweet, and fruity flavor.  They were delicious, but the oats made them a bit more crumbly than I'd like.  However, I think they filled me up better than regular waffles, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay full longer.  So I consider them a success...just wish they weren't so crumbly.  Also, now I really want to try some other waffle recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment